Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Breaking Intimidation

A little while ago, I read a book called Breaking Intimidation by John Bevere. This was quite a good book that highlights something that happens in the lives of many Christians. But what I didn't like about the book was that it was rather legalistic, something that the Christian "must do", rather than what Christ has already done.

Most of the anecdotes from this book were focused on people in full-time ministry. This is something that really does my head in, because I feel that it fails to address everyday, "real-life" issues. I honestly thought at one stage that I had to be in full-time ministry to be an effective Christian, because all the testimonies of victory were centred on full time ministry.

John Bevere's anecdotes were pretty much the same throughout the book: a pastor of a church would be intimidated by Christians who had wrong ideas and were living in sin. Bevere would goad the pastor to confront these intimidators. It seems to me as if John Bevere was being almost as intimidating as the people in his stories!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
The Divine Nature | TNB