Subscribe News Feed Subscribe Comments

Joyce Meyer and Positive Thinking

During this time, I gained of great deal of revelation through Joyce Meyer’s Podcast messages, which I would listen to walking to and from my home to work. I found that Joyce preached a powerful, challenging yet encouraging message. I felt that Joyce’s teaching really helped to straighten out my thinking and caused me to re-evaluate some of the mindsets that I had held onto for so long.

Joyce would preach about the need to check your beliefs, attitudes and motives. I wondered to myself how I could ever straighten-out my unredeemed soul with loosing and binding, if I did not appreciate what were correct beliefs, attitudes and motives.

Joyce taught about the need to think positive thoughts and to speak the Word of God whenever you found yourself worrying. This kind of teaching emphasised the importance for thinking and speaking correctly, with the understanding that how you think and the words you speak, can greatly influence every aspect of your life. I heartily agreed with this teaching, which mirrored that of many world-renowned Bible teachers, including Kenneth E. Hagin.

The standard teaching on the subject tells believers that when a negative thought comes into their mind, they are to immediately replace it with a positive thought; when a believer begins to worry and says negative things, they are to speak the Word of God and tell themselves who they are in Christ. So if the devil tells you that you can’t do anything right, you respond by saying, “I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.” (Philippians 4:13).

However, with the power of loosing at my disposal – I had the ability to loose negative emotions in an instant.

1 comments:

Unknown said...

"Joyce would preach about the need to check your beliefs, attitudes and motives. I wondered to myself how I could ever straighten-out my unredeemed soul with loosing and binding, if I did not appreciate what were correct beliefs, attitudes and motives."
This is exactly what I was meaning when I talked to you about the teaching of always having to guard your heart. It is work, not rest.
"However, with the power of loosing at my disposal – I had the ability to loose negative emotions in an instant." Wow! I so agree!

Post a Comment

 
The Divine Nature | TNB